Infection in the toe is really irritating, nasty and looks ugly. Negligence can make the situation worse and hence it is necessary to give proper attention to toenail fungus and get the right treatment within time. The toenail fungus generally affects the area below the nails and can infect the complete toe. If you wish to prevent yourself from bearing the pain and ugliness, it is necessary that you know proper information about the cure and prevention of such infections.
Cure For Toenail Fungus
There are several effective methods that can help you cure toenail fungus effectively. Here are some key tips that can be followed by you.
- Cut the nails – the first and the most important thing is to prevent the spread of infection. You can do this by cutting down the infected nails. By cutting down the nails, you can prevent the fungus infection to grow and can also apply the medicines properly to cure it and let the new nail grow.
- Use vinegar – vinegar has been used to treat fungus infections from years and you can treat your toenail fungus infection by soaking the feet in the liquid. Use this method in the initial stages of infection as it might not be effective in the infection gets worse.
- Use Mouth wash – several reports online state that mouth wash can also be used for curing toenail fungus. You can soak your feet in the solution for about 30 minutes on a regular basis and say good bye to infections.
Prevention Of Toenail Fungus
- Prevent stepping barefoot outside – when using public bathrooms or going in damp places, make sure that you wear proper foot wear in order to avoid contact with fungus which is usually present in such areas. If you generally get infection in water, make sure you have appropriate gear to prevent contact with water.
- Sleep barefoot – when sleeping, make sure you do not wear socks as you feet might sweat which can lead to infections. Wet socks provide room for bacteria to grow and can result in infection leading to toenail fungus.
There are several other ways in which you can prevent getting toenail infections. Some of the best tips can be obtained at http://toenailfungustreatmentworld.com/. However, if the infection is heavy, it is better to consult a doctor and get proper medication. Relying on the home remedies can result in severe issues which might be damaging for your feet.